15 December 2005

a heidi moment

I am so tired that I have that thudding behind the eyebrow kind of headache. So I stop, even though I’m barely on time, to get a coffee (tall peppermint soy mocha, no whip, but not decaf today). I get to the office, where a Christmas card and candy cane are waiting on my desk. I take a swig. It is only warmish, and certainly not the best I’ve ever had. I look around, using my McGyver-esque skills to attempt to make it palatable, and realize that some candy cane pieces will do the job nicely. So I break off three chunks, drop them in, and swirl. Noticing that the end of the cane was uneven, I nibble at the end of it. It is WATERMELON flavored. A normal looking, red and white candy cane that tastes like a poor imitation of a watermelon. Yuck. Needless to say, I promptly remove the offending chunks, and chug the rest of it to make it go away. The good news is that it didn’t make my stomach hurt like usual.

No comments: