31 October 2004

The lamest explanation in history for not hiring someone:

I had an interview on Friday for a receptionist position at a chiropractors' office. It went reasonably well, it was short, but we seemed to connect (at least as much as possible in 10-15 minutes) in a good way. My employment agency woman said she would call later that day. When she still hadn't called at 5.20 pm, I figured I would call, maybe she had just forgotten. She said that none of the four candidates met their criteria, which was fine, because not everyone is right for every job...and then I asked if they had given any reasons. She said, "I think this is really unfair, but the main thing they said about you - no, the only thing they said about you - and the woman who was immediately after you was that when you came into the room and sat down, you sat up very straight and had good posture. They weren't sure that you would fit into their more relaxed office environment." That is a load of shit in my opinion. If you don't want to hire me because you think I'm too inexperienced, or because I am too young, or because I'm under/overqualified, that is just fine with me. I may not agree, but I can't argue with that. But to say that I sat up too straight? Ridiculous!

No comments: